Friday, August 24, 2007

Michael Bay Almost Implodes


I've always thought that Michael Bay was a jackass for making pointless blockbusters with random explosions and cut scenes galore. The only 2 movies of his that I've actually enjoyed are the Bad Boys movies. Now to the article.


After reading that I don't know if I want to take his side or not. For one, I do think that all studios should release movies in all formats, DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. But do I really want to see him make Transformers 2 and 3? Second, he makes mediocre movies if you really think about it. I think any director can make the next Transformers movie. Four young children can direct it and I guarantee you it will make the same amount of money any of his blockbusters have. Why you ask because all you need is a good CGI team, a few explosions, a few chase scenes, sprinkle some fight scenes between Optimus and some Decepticons, and add a dash of a weak story and walla, you got yourself a blockbuster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bay's an idiot. He has no concept of incorporating a solid storyline to justify his action scenes. He is like a little kid in a special effects candy store and wants everything. His movies have no backbone..all superficial action. If this is where action cinema is heading, Im going back to 1985.